At the beginning of winter, the dwellings of gardeners-summer residents are decorated with already familiar exhibits: pumpkins and zucchini of various sizes, styles and colors, squash. They are on shelves in the kitchen, on cabinets and underneath them in rooms. And in boxes and boxes in the coolest places are hidden potatoes, beets, carrots, onions and garlic. Many gardeners keep more rare vegetables: kohlrabi cabbage of autumn varieties, turnips and rutabagas, leeks.
Over time, vegetables lose vitamins and biologically active substances. Therefore, the sooner we eat a vegetable, the more benefit it will be. Last year it was a cold and very damp summer. Therefore, all vegetables grew late. Many specimens did not have time to ripen, and the ripe ones contain a lot of moisture and little mineral salts. That is why they are stored very badly this year.
Zucchini spoils especially quickly. They should be eaten first.
There are many recipes for dishes from these delicious and healthy vegetables. It improves not only the taste, but also the aroma of the prepared dishes. Here's one of those recipes:
Cut the zucchini into slices about 1 cm thick. Remove the peel. The core can be removed, then rings will turn out. And you can not delete. Then there will be seeds in the middle, which become very tasty at the end of cooking. Spitting out the peel of seeds is, of course, not very aesthetically pleasing, but you can do it quite culturally.
So, salt the rings or circles and fry in refined sunflower oil or margarine on both sides. Separately fry the carrots grated on a coarse grater until half cooked, you can add a little zucchini pulp there, grate it too. Salt to taste. Put the zucchini on a greased baking sheet, or you can leave it in the pan if there are not many of them. On each zucchini circle or inside a zucchini ring, put a prepared carrot mixture in a bunch, put a tomato circle and lightly fried onion rings on top, pour over with mayonnaise. Instead of a tomato, you can use a teaspoon of tomato paste or tomato sauce. And then sprinkle with grated feta cheese and put in the oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from the baking sheet and transfer to the dish with a spatula, carefully so that the portion does not fall apart.
If the cut zucchini has a very thin layer of pulp after removing the insides and peel, and the filling in such a ring will obviously not hold, then you can cut these rings into cubes, salt, roll in flour (or you can not do this), fry in oil ... Then pour over sour cream-tomato sauce, sprinkle with grated feta cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Sour cream tomato sauce prepare as follows: first you need to lightly fry finely chopped onions (take a medium-sized onion), add tomato paste to it - 2-3 tbsp. spoons, fry for a couple of minutes. Separately fry art. a spoonful of flour with the same amount of butter until golden brown, add half a glass of vegetable broth (or water) and about a glass of sour cream, boil it all for 5 minutes, add salt to taste. Transfer the onion and tomato to the boiling mixture, stir everything, boil for another 5 minutes. You can pepper. The sauce turns out to be very tasty, and fried, tasteless zucchini becomes very appetizing.
The dish will be even tastier if you use a mixture of fried zucchini and fried carrots grated on a coarse grater. You can do without the sauce with carrots. It will make an excellent side dish for any meat dish. Or just a snack that is placed on a piece of bread.
Peel the zucchini, cut into slices, salt, you can roll in flour, fry. Lay in layers in a saucepan, alternating with tomatoes, cut into thin slices, and slices of feta cheese. If there are no tomatoes, you can grease the layers with tomato paste. Pour everything over with sour cream or melted butter and bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes. Thus, carrots and feta cheese are indispensable companions of dishes for zucchini that have been resting on the shelf for a long time.
Their unusual shape seems to have been specially created to be served whole, stuffed with something tasty. Squash contains much less water than squash, so they are sweeter and generally tastier. You do not need to remove the peel from the fruit. Cut off the top with a tail - this will be the cap.
From the squash itself, clean the insides, grease the inner surface with mayonnaise or, for those who like it sharper, with a mixture of mayonnaise and tomato paste, and put in the oven on a baking sheet with a lid for 20 minutes so that the squash becomes slightly softer. Then remove from the oven, let it cool slightly, fill with the filling, cover with a lid and again send to the oven for 15 minutes for final readiness.
As a filling, you can use the same fried carrots as for zucchini, only you need to mix it with grated cheese. Before placing the carrots, put a couple of tablespoons of sour cream-tomato sauce or just a mixture of sour cream and tomato paste on the bottom of the squash. Pour the filling on top with the same mixture. Do not forget to salt the inner walls of the squash and the filling.
Of course, you can fill with meat with rice, and mushrooms, and mushrooms with veal stewed in sour cream, and even navy-style pasta - this is someone who likes and can afford. Depending on the size of the fruit, you can cut it into slices, or into quarters, halves, etc. when serving.
Peel the fruits, cut into slices 1 - 1.5 cm thick, season with salt, roll in flour, fry on both sides, pour in the same sour cream-tomato sauce. After that, you can sprinkle the dish with crushed breadcrumbs and put in the oven for 15 minutes to bake. Instead of bread crumbs, I often use grated feta cheese - it turns out even tastier.
Fry carrots and squash or zucchini, grated on a coarse grater in refined sunflower oil, in approximately equal proportions. Mix, add finely chopped fried onions and chopped feta cheese - to taste. Salt. Can be flavored with tomato paste. Everything. The filling is ready. The dough is any simple, with soda. It is better to make the pie closed.
Suitable for tea drinking, as well as instead of bread for cabbage soup, soups, as pies for broth. You can make a sweet filling by mincing zucchini or seedless squash with lemons and (or) oranges and adding granulated sugar through a meat grinder. For a zucchini weighing 1.5 - 2 kg, two lemons and one orange are enough.
Peel the squash, cut in half lengthwise or across, clean from the inside. Cut the pulp into thin plates of 5-7 mm. Place in an enamel bowl, sprinkle with granulated sugar. After a few hours, when the sand melts and juice is formed, sprinkle with sugar again - and so on several times, until the slices of the squash float in the resulting sweet juice. Put on fire, bring to a boil, turn off the gas after a few minutes. Leave it alone for a few hours so that the slices begin to soak in the juice.
Since the patisson slices are practically devoid of their aroma, and the taste too, you have to add citric acid to the syrup or cut the lemon, orange, zest, you can add cinnamon or mint sprigs for aroma or something else to taste. And again, bring everything to a boil, boil for 5 minutes, and again leave to soak for several hours. And so - several times, until the slices become transparent.
After that, you can cook the wedges in syrup until they are almost soft. It remains to drain them from the syrup through a colander, put them on a baking sheet and dry in the oven to the consistency of dried fruit. The remaining juice can be drained and boiled over low heat until thickened. It will turn out to be a wonderful syrup, thick like honey. Candied fruits will completely replace sweets.
When I cook fish cakes, then together with the fish I pass zucchini or squash through a meat grinder, peeled from the peel and from the insides - about 1/3 of the volume of the fish. I put the eggs and the loaf soaked in milk in the minced meat as usual, however, if the zucchini is very watery, then I don't soak the loaf in milk, there is enough zucchini juice. You can even add flour. The addition of vegetables to the minced meat does not at all impair the taste of the cutlets, but the dish is better absorbed, and more vitamins are obtained. Thus, we will quickly eat up our stocks of zucchini and squash.
L. Bobrovskaya, gardener
In this wonderful cookbook you can find both popular and original recipes for a wide variety of dishes. One thing unites them - all are very tasty and, of course, healthy. You will be able to learn how to quickly prepare a simple dish and, conversely, an exquisite one, which requires the use of your culinary talents, as well as get acquainted with various ways of canning, pickling and pickling.
We offer you to download a fragment to familiarize yourself with the book "Blanks from zucchini and squash. Tasty and useful ”by Ksenia Lyubomirova in electronic form in FB2 or TXT formats. It is also possible to download the work in other formats such as RTF and EPUB (e-books). We recommend choosing the FB2 or TXT format for downloading, which are currently supported by almost any mobile device (including phones / smartphones / e-book readers running Android and IOS OS (iPhone, iPad)) and desktop computers. The book was published in 2014 in the series "The ABC of Home Canning".
Save the page in social networks / share the link:
Now we will consider two dishes, they are very tasty and do not harm your health. And also they can be used by people who follow their figure.
If you are in favor of a low-calorie product and do not like frying, then we advise you to bake the pancakes in the oven.
These pancakes cook very quickly, and the taste is amazing. For cooking, we need the following products:
Voila! The dish is ready and ready to be served for dinner. Zucchini pancakes are delicious both hot and cold.
You can add black pepper, garlic and herbs to this dough - all at your discretion. Also, during the cooking process, you can add flour if the zucchini is juiced.
Perhaps you have a question, why do we need two types of flour? The fact is that corn flour will help us feel the full flavor of the zucchini, making the pancakes not as soft as wheat flour does.
White flour will help us glue all the ingredients together. But also, it makes the dough viscous. And when the dish is ready, we will feel one mass that is raw in sensations.
If you don't have any corn flour, you can simply grind the corn grits.
The same light dish, but with garlic and without cheese, for spicy lovers. To prepare this dish, we take:
Marinade for eggplant, ingredients:
1. Pour 0.5 liters of water into a saucepan, and then add everything according to the list, vinegar, bay leaves, black and allspice, cloves, salt, sugar, honey, and vegetable oil.
2. Bring our brine to a boil and leave to cool.
3. Prepare the eggplants themselves. We take 5 - 6 eggplants, preferably not overripe. We peel and cut into slices, about 8 - 10 millimeters. Sprinkle each plate with salt and leave it for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, while the brine cools down and the bitterness leaves the eggplant, the preparation goes on.
4. We take 2 - 3 heads of garlic, peel it, and cut it into thin slices.
5. Passed 20 minutes, squeeze the eggplants and fry in a pan until golden brown.
6. Fry all the eggplants and leave them to cool.
7. Everything has cooled down for us, and we begin to put in a storage container. We put it in a plastic tray.
8. Take one plate of eggplant, dip it in brine and put it in a tray.
9. We put eggplants for pickling denser. When the first row is laid, put 2 - 3 cloves of chopped garlic on each piece. Then we put another row of eggplant on top, and again garlic. So we spread all the eggplants and the prepared garlic.
10. Fill the eggplant with the remaining brine. Brine is obtained with a margin. Eggplants float in brine, but that's even better.
11. We put our marinated eggplants in the refrigerator. According to the recipe, they will be ready in 3 - 5 days. But from my own experience, much earlier. We ate pickled eggplants in a day.
If you have any questions, you can see a more colorful description here, or in the video below.
1. We need to cut the eggplants lengthwise into petals, about 1 cm each.
2. Put the chopped eggplants on a baking sheet, previously covered with parchment paper, you can simply grease the baking sheet with vegetable oil. Sprinkle a little vegetable oil on top of the eggplants.
3. Put the eggplants in the oven, temperature 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Take a plate and mix salt, sugar, vinegar and vegetable oil.
5. We peel the onion and cut into half rings, chop the parsley, add to the marinade.
6. Squeeze the garlic onto the garlic and add to the marinade. We mix everything.
7. Cut the cooled eggplants and place them in a bowl, such in which you can mix well the sliced eggplants and the marinade that we have prepared for them. We mix the eggplant with the marinade and put them in the refrigerator for a day.
You have never tasted such delicious eggplant.
If you have any questions, you can see a more colorful description here, or in the video below.
Ingredients for the salad:
Ingredients for pickling onions:
1. Peel and cut one medium onion into half rings.
2. Take 250 grams of hot water and pour onions. Add vinegar and mix. We leave for 15-20 minutes.
3. Eggplants should be washed, wiped dry and cut into small strips.
4. Pour the chopped eggplants into a bowl and add an incomplete teaspoon of salt. Leave the eggplant for 10-15 minutes.
5. The bitterness should be drained and the eggplants should be squeezed out by hand.
6. Fry the eggplants in vegetable oil until tender.
7. Cover the plate with a paper towel and put everything from the pan.
8. Eggplants are hot and need to be cooled. In the meantime, you can strain the marinade off the onion.
9. Eggs should be cut into strips.
10. Combine the cooled fried eggplant, pickled onion and chopped eggs in a bowl. Also, you need to add parsley to the salad.
11. Add mayonnaise to salad, salt and black pepper to taste, mix everything well.
It turns out like this, very tasty salad.
If you have any questions, you can see a more colorful description here, or in the video below.
1. Cut the eggplants into thin strips and sprinkle with salt. For this proportion, one tablespoon of salt. We leave hours for 6 - 8.
2. Squeeze the eggplants. From one kilogram of eggplant, I managed to squeeze out 0.5 liters of dark brown liquid.
3. I put the squeezed eggplants into a frying pan, after adding vegetable oil there for frying. I fried the eggplants for about 15 minutes.
4. This is all we need in the future. We peel carrots, onions, garlic. My peppers and herbs.
5. Three carrots on a Korean grater. Then carefully and thinly chop the bell pepper, chop the onion into thin half rings.
6. Chop the garlic. Finely chop the dill and parsley. We add all this to the rest of the vegetables. When everything is chopped up, you can add the fried eggplant as well.
7. Add vinegar, black pepper and salt.
8. Mix everything well, put it in the refrigerator for a day.
To be honest, this dish is inferior in taste to those described above. Here the eggplants themselves are a little tougher than pickled ones.
You can see a more colorful description here.
1. Cut the eggplants into strips.
2. Put the strips in a bowl, sprinkle them with salt and leave for 15-20 minutes. During this time, a dark liquid flows from the eggplants to the bottom of the bowl.
3. Fry the eggplants on both sides in vegetable oil and dry on a paper towel.
4. While the eggplants are fried, mix the mayonnaise and garlic.
5. Cut the tomatoes into slices.
6. Lay out the fried strips and grease with mayonnaise and garlic.
7. Put a slice of tomato on the edge of the strip and roll it up.
These are all rolls from one kilogram of eggplant.
We ate the rolls right away. Very tasty. And the next day they ate cold with potatoes. Very tasty both warm and cold.
You can find a detailed description here.
Eggplant caviar recipe:
1. We clean the eggplants, mode them with cubes and salt (add 1.5 tablespoons) and mix. We leave for 30 minutes.
3. We wash the bell peppers, remove the seeds, dice sweet peppers mode.
4. Clean the carrots and grate them three.
5. Pour the tomatoes with boiling water for a few minutes, peel and cut into cubes.
6. Pour half of the vegetable oil into the pan and lightly fry the onion.
7. Add peppers, carrots and tomatoes to the onion. Sugar can be added if desired.
8. Squeeze the eggplants and fry them in vegetable oil.
9. Put stewed vegetables (onions, carrots, peppers, tomatoes) and fried eggplants into the cauldron.
10. Caviar stew for 2-3 hours over low heat, until tender. You can add your favorite spices if desired.
Very detailed step-by-step photos can be seen here.
In general, our vegetables for eggplant caviar are as follows:
1. We bake vegetables in the oven. We make cuts in eggplants, peppers, tomatoes, put all the vegetables on a baking sheet and put them in an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
2. Fry onions in vegetable oil until transparent.
3. We take out the vegetables from the oven and peel them off.
4. Finely chop the eggplant.
7. I add fried onions to finely chopped vegetables. If desired, you can add fresh herbs.
8. Add the garlic squeezed out through a press. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything well.
9. You can eat it right away, but it becomes tastier after being insisted for 2 - 3 hours in the refrigerator.
The source with a detailed description can be seen here.
To prepare a vegetable stew for the whole family, we need:
1. Peel and cut onions, carrots and potatoes.
2. Fry everything in a cauldron. First, onions with carrots, and then add the potatoes. Fry not until tender, but for about 5 - 10 minutes.
3. Cut the eggplants, after removing the skin. If the eggplants are bitter, sprinkle with salt, stir and wait for about 15 minutes. Then squeeze and add to the cauldron. 4. Cut the bell peppers into cubes and add to the rest of the vegetables.
5. Now you can add salt and mix. So vegetables will give up water easier and faster, and they will be stewed in their own juice.
6. Peel the tomato and cut it into 4 pieces.
7. Add tomatoes to the cauldron to the rest of the vegetables. Simmer for another twenty minutes, stirring occasionally. 8. Add chopped greens if desired.
9. After adding the greens, simmer for another 5 minutes. Our total stewing time is 45 minutes. This is from pouring oil to turning off the fire.
Vegetable stew made from zucchini and eggplant, according to this recipe, turns out to be very tasty. It could have been removed 5 minutes earlier, but we love boiled vegetables, they are softer then. You can eat such a vegetable stew even without bread.
A detailed recipe and more photos can be found here.
Bon appetit, see you soon on the pages of the People's Knowledge blog. We still have so much tasty and unexplored.
Now you know how to cook squash. Recipes using such a vegetable include completely different ingredients and can be performed both on the stove and in the oven. Moreover, squash can be salted and even pickled.
Vegetable stew made with embossed pumpkin should be served hot. In addition to it, it is advisable to present fresh white bread, herbs, sour cream or tomato paste. Bon Appetit!
Be sure to recommend this recipe to your friends if they don't already know what you can cook from zucchini in a slow cooker. Zucchini casserole is both tasty and healthy.
Wash and peel the courgette. Cut it into thin slices. Chop the onion into rings, finely chop the greens.
Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater. Simply cut the processed cheese into cubes. If desired, hard cheese can also be replaced with processed cheese, then the casserole will turn out even more tender.
Stir the courgette, cheese, onion and herbs in one bowl. Pour some vegetable oil into a multicooker. Put the prepared vegetables in a slow cooker and simmer in the "baking" mode for about 25 - 30 minutes. A sign of readiness is fully melted cheese.
Beat eggs along with salt and spices, add them to zucchini, stir. Cover the dish again and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes. Then let the casserole cool slightly and serve with sour cream and herbs.
Pumpkin is a versatile product; cereals, salads, juice, pancakes, and even pumpkin pie are made from it. However, for this recipe for jam, pumpkin should be chosen of a certain type: an orange surface with a flesh of a more intense color. The fact is that a vegetable of just such varieties is better suited to desserts, since it contains more sucrose.
Video about pumpkin jam with orange and lemon
The degree of density can be done at your discretion. If the consistency is made very thick, then this jam can then be used as a filling for pies.
Don't be intimidated by the amount of citrus in this recipe. Everything is harmoniously combined, and pumpkin jam with orange and lemon turns out to be sweet and sour, fragrant.
Light spice of oriental aromas combined with citrus and dried apricot pieces creates a very interesting bouquet of flavors. This kind of squash jam with lemon and orange, at its core, will certainly appeal to many.
Such an unusual type of jam came to us from France, where it is well known and loved by many. Traditionally, it was the French who taught the world how to cook jams from vegetables. And carrots, having a sweetish taste by their nature, harmoniously fit into a sweet delicacy. The taste of carrot jam with orange and lemon turns out to be unusual, but you should definitely try it.
The piquant taste of this interesting dessert is unlike anything else. Squash jam with lemon and orange is not the fastest to prepare, because the main vegetable needs special processing.
It turns out that pineapple canned in syrup can be made from an ordinary vegetable growing in the beds. Zucchini is a "tricky" product; with simple manipulations it transforms its taste into something new.
Video about marrow and squash jam
Even children will love this sweet jam. Aromas, delicate flavor notes will impress even the most fastidious gourmets.
It is better to let the jam cool and infuse - the longer it stands, the tastier it becomes. And if you need to pack in cans, do it right away, while it's hot.
Have you already made jam from vegetables? Which one did you like the most? Share the recipe in the comments.